Friday, June 5, 2009

Movie:Impossible

For those of you who think it is impossible to take a 10-month-old and a 2-year-old to a full price movie on Friday night... think again. A few little tips will help you avoid some embarrasment, though:

  1. Choose a smaller, less popular theater (We like Cinemark and Dickinsons. You could also choose an old Harkins or AMC in the ghetto, but the seats aren't as nice.)

  2. Come prepared with loads of snacks and drinks (and/or gift cards and movie cups).

  3. It may be tempting to wait until the last possible moment so you have to coral your little ones for less time, but arrive early enough to get the bar seat or the handicapped seat - there's extra room for wiggling.

  4. Bring your stroller. Slightly embarrasing to shimmy up the steps but totally worth it.

  5. Choose a movie time that's late enough for sleepy kids but not so late you'll have melt-downs. And we like it when they fall asleep in the car on the way home.

We went to see the new Disney Pixar movie UP tonight on a last minute whim and it was totally adorable. Highly recommend you see it with or without kids.

7 comments:

L&M said...

totally impressed. well done.

Carly Nichols said...

I love the "how to guide!" I'm very impressed and jealous! My Sam doesn't sit still for more than 2 seconds. :)

Robyn said...

Oh, I remember those days. You are brave, Jarron and I never took the boys to a movie. Now, it is fun for all. We don't even have to use the bathroom in the middle of the movie anymore! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

Carly Nichols said...

Hey we saw "Up" last night! It was my first time seeing a movie in
3D! Cute movie! But it had some sad/touchy moments. But I still liked it! Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Valerie and Cameron Sparks said...

I love your new background, it is so cute! We are excited to come. Love ya!

Pew Family said...

It was so good to see you and your cute little kids at the funeral! Hopefully everyone can stay in touch through blogs since we don't live near eachother!

Ashley said...

I am impressed that Brooklyn does so well for the movie. Cute post.