Thursday, May 20, 2010

Randomness and an Airplane Incident

So my monthly trip home for work was a one-hour flight instead of a five-hour drive (thanks Mom!). Overall, the kids did really great - better than their Mom who tends to get a little claustrophobic/nauseas. So... as I we were boarding our return flight, I asked Lukas to find 3 empty seats together, and he did. We started to take our seats and the Lady behind us says, "Are you serious? Children can't fly next to the wing." Assuming she was just kidding around, I laughed and continued to get my kids situated. I realized I was wrong when she said, "No really, are they going to scream the whole time? Can't you sit somewhere else?" I was a little stunned and choked out "They usually do really well." The flight attendant (probably a mother) swooped in from the aisle and told her "Excuse me Ma'am, SouthWest welcomes families on our flights, you're welcome to move to another seat." Lady: "Well I guess we'll have to move." Flight Attendant: "You know, if you don't want children on your flight you should have your next flight privately chartered." The other flight attendant who was sitting right there came up to me and said he was really sorry and if she said anything else to me that he would be happy to escort her off the plane. They were both baffled because they thought she was joking, too. I told him that it was sad that she clearly doesn't have any children and he said, "Yeah, big suprise that no one wanted to mate with her." Wow.

Flying home from AZ trip - May 2010
Holding Ka'lia's baby Lole Phoenix Zoo with Gardner cousins and Finns - May 2010


Boulder City/Blaine and Megan's House - April 2010
"Mom! Take my pitcher!"
Children's Museum in Mesa - April 2010

Special request from Grammy - the leg up on the crib side is a cute bonus.

Princess and the Pea at Hale Theatre - March 2010
Renaissance Festival - February 2010

"

2 comments:

Carly Nichols said...

What a brat!!! Why are people so mean!! I'm so glad they stuck up for you. And why would it have mattered if you were at the wing or somewhere else?

I loved that we did dinner! Lets do it again!

Adam and Nicole said...

RUDE! What a mean lady, you should have punched her in the face, that would have taught her to mess with you! :)
Oh and sorry about dinner, I didn't even get your message until the next day (we took Adam out to celebrate, he got an award for being awesome at work). We must have been inside the restaurant when you called. I totally would have loved to be there. I haven't seen everyone in forever! When you come down next we will definitely have to get together if you have time!