Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The tale of a toe...

Growing up, the traditional Saturday was to clean up the house in the morning, go to lunch (at Steve's Krazy Sub) and play the rest of the day. Well now that Brian is in his 3rd year and has a more normal Dad schedule, I attempted to re-live my dreamy childhood Saturdays. After vacuuming, I attempted to slide the chaise - yes that's right, I have family in the furniture biz - back into place (one-handed of course, because I was holding Roxy), when the wooden foot ripped my big toe nail half way off. Well thank goodness Brian was there because I had to sit down, point the fan on my face and try not to look at it or think about it while he bandaged the mess. Well, I did my best to go on with life in my condition but decided that there was too much discomfort and the nail would have to go. After a good soak in the tub and a half hour of wiggling and pulling, Brian got the pliers. He got a good grip (with both hands) I held on tight to my toe, held my breath, and with a swift yank upward, my toe was nailless. I'll spare you that photo. Anyway, it actually feels much better now and I'm hoping the soft, sensitive skin will soon harden.

And now that I'm sure the toe will be fully functional very soon, I can announce that I am going to run my very first 5k. November 12th, Shun the Sun in downtown Mesa. There, I said it, now I have to do it. Anyone who wants to join me, I won't feel bad when you leave me in the dust. I'm just excited to start up this new hobby and hoping to enjoy it.

No comments: