Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fashion District, LA, CA

A couple weeks back I escaped the everyday world and took a 24-hour trip to California with some med school friends. In Los Angelas, there's a few blocks of little shops, crammed together, stuffed with rolls of super cheap fabric and greasy Mexican food stands. Fabric for $1/yard, 2 Prius-sized tanks of gas split 5 ways, plus Breezy has a cousin who let us crash in her living room for free. You can't beat that.
Modeling the fabric scraps freed my hands for digging. 

Of course we had to smell the ocean and touch the sand. 

Clockwise: Me, Megan King, Briauna Tregaskes, Breezy Lazenby, and Megan Trujillo at the NICEST McDonalds I have ever seen. Boy am I going to miss these girls! Angie Nickel and Danielle Longenecker - wish you could have come!

I sure hope Florida is this beautiful.

1 comment:

Carrie Selin said...

Been there - done that. Lindsey and I went to the fabric stores there about a year ago. We went with empty suitcases and came back with full ones. No ocean for us though. We must try to add that next time.