Thursday, March 19, 2015

May 2014

Brookie's field trip to the Palm Beach Zoo
I got to chaperone



Fun at home

Staying cool at the mall

Induction Day - 5.19.14

Time to push

Hello Daddy

Hi Mom


Joslyn Rae DeWitt

Cuddles


 Birth Story - There are always memory gaps for me when I go to record this but luckily this time, Val was there and she has a great memory so nothing will be lost. I was scheduled for induction in the morning and wasn't sure if Brian would be able to take the day off or just pop in and out until delivery but the other docs covered for him so he could stay with me after rounding. Val got the kids off to school/friends while I got checked in. This time the IV only took 2 tries and I hadn't been given pitocin before an epidural before so I told the nurse that I was a little nervous about how I would handle it so she started it REALLY slow - too slow. I progressed really slowly until late afternoon when I finally reached a 6 and the doctor broke my water and I asked for my epidural. We thought for sure that I would go quickly from there but it continued to crawl along. It soon became clear to me (and Val) that the epidural hadn't worked and we had to have a different nurse anesthetist come back in and place another. The pitocin contractions felt so different because they came about 2 minutes apart for a long period of time and it was really difficult to recover between them. At 10 PM, it was time to push and Daddy caught her at 10:04 PM. It was really neat for Brian to have the opportunity and Dr. Tomaselli made the whole experience very relaxed and enriching. The kids stayed the night with my friend, Melissa Boix, Brian went home to sleep and Val stayed at the hospital with me and Joslyn. I was in terrible pain when I woke up the next morning and tried to walk to the bathroom, the recovery nurse hadn't come in to offer me pain medication because she didn't want to wake me - thanks. Then it seemed to take FOREVER to get breakfast in the morning but once I had food and meds I was a happy girl. And Joslyn has been just the little ray of sunshine that I've needed.

Aunt Val



The whole family


Big Sister

Going Home!

Looks like he's not too bummed out about another sister.

That smirk



Fun with Aunt Val




Proof she actually got in the water.

Gummy worms in 'mud'

Move over Woggy


Allison, Amanda and Marquelle getting me out for my birthday. 





Grammy's new grandbabies, Margo, Colt, and Joslyn

No comments: