Sunday, September 19, 2010

The long awaited day...

I've officially learned not to mention my son's birthday until the day before. It's all we've heard about for weeks! Well, I'm a mean mom and my kids are only gonna get a big party every other year so we just did family stuff this time around. All he wanted was Transformers and Optimus Prime. Grandma and Papa Pew came to make sure he got good and spoiled. 2 nights before his birthday he fell off his bed and banged up his face. Not pretty!
I don't know if any little boy has ever stolen so many hearts as mine. He is sweet, friendly, funny, smart, persuasive, coordinated and irreplaceable. If you've met him, you love him, and he loves you. Happy 4th Birthday Lukas!!
While my parents were here, my dad (and Brooklyn) helped me plant a little mini-garden of carrots, tomatoes, and broccoli.
Go figure that the one time she's actually dressed and ready we dig in the dirt.

4 comments:

L&M said...

Don't forget to add that Lukas is taken. Gracie is convinced they are going to get married. I think she mentions it at least once a week, and she hasn't seen him in MONTHS! We'd love to have him in the family! hahahahahaha

becky d said...

I'm glad he had a fun birthday. I might mention that his dad - around the age of 5 - fell off his bed too! I will have to try and put that on my blog.

Tom and Billie Jean Pew said...

It was so much fun being there for his birthday. We'll never forget Brookie telling Brian. "he's my broder".

Shirl and Bill said...

I promise I check your blog just about every day but guess I just don't leave a comment.
Kids are darling!